A numeric score (100-0) indicating how easily the Place can be reached.
infoscore.reachability_score represents a numeric score (100-0) indicating how easily the Place can be reached.
The Reachability factor identifies the companies who can be most easily reached. This factor involves three statistical models which measure quality (e.g., teleresearch recency, mailability, call status, record grade) and quantity of contact information based on four channels: phone numbers, email addresses, postal addresses and website address.
Infoscore includes a numeric value (0-100) and letter grade (A+ to F) that measures the “strength” of every location-level record within the Infogroup Business Database. This score, where 100 is “best” and 0 is “worst”, is derived from several data and business related factors leveraging Infogroup’s assets. Infoscore aids in pinpointing relevant businesses for prioritizing, prospecting, personalization and real-time marketing.
The Infoscore value is comprised of the scores of seven factors, the first six of which are built independently of one another. Each factor is scored separately (from 0 to 100) and represents a record’s strength or weakness related to a particular attribute which makes up the business record, or to the business itself. Higher scores represent a “stronger” record.
Benefits of Infoscore include:
- The Infoscore factors are pre-built and ready for immediate use
- Updated monthly within the Business Database
- No upfront development changes
- More accurate than intuitive selects
- Grouped into scores and letter grades for easy selection
- Simple, easy to understand scoring system
- Gateway to more advanced analytical solutions
- Prospecting/prioritizing leads
Infoscore Grades are based on the following:
- A+ (100-96) - Best
- A (95-86) - Very Good
- A- (85-81) - Good
- B+ (80-71) - Above Average
- B (70-61) - Slightly Above Average
- B- (60-51) - Average
- C+ (50-36) - Slightly Below Average
- C (35-21) - Below Average
- C- (20-11) - Very Below Average
- D (10-6) - Possible Problem
- F (5-0) - Worst