The type of address for the location.
- Firm - The address matches to a firm record at an address (some firm names exist in the USPS files, associated to an address or a suite number)
- General Delivery - A service in which the USPS hold mail until the addressee collect it; this service is typically used when mail cannot be delivered to a physical location
- High Rise - The address matches to a street address that has secondary units (suite numbers, apartment numbers, etc)
- Military - The address is within a military base; often in this scenario, mail is delivered to a central point on the military base and the mail is further distributed from there
- Post Office Box - Mail is delivered to a box at the Post Office rather than the physical location
- Rural Route - The address is a Rural Route or Highway Contract address (for example, RR1 Box 22 or HC 62 Box 53)
- Street - The address is a street address (for example, 1201 Main St)